Visiting The Farm On Weekends
Our farm opened for visitors in July 2014 and we are now in our third year! We will open for the 2017 season on June 2nd and will remain open throughout the spring and summer on Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays and MOndays from 10am until 4pm until July 31st. If you are in the area and would like to visit on alternative days or times then please give Sue a call and we will try to accommodate you.
So, what can you expect when you visit us on the farm?
Well, here are some useful pieces of information:
- Generally we are open Friday through Monday from June 2nd until July 31st from 10am – 4pm or by appointment.
- During our lavender festival weekends we are open longer (June 23rd - 25th and July 7th - 9th 9am - 6pm)
- During June and July we host special events when the farm is open to visitors at other times - check our events section for up to date information as it becomes avaialble.
- Forecasting the lavender bloom each year is a little unpredictable but generally our English Lavenders will be in bloom in June and our Lavandins in July. Check our news and events section for updates on how the blooms are doing and what is in flower before you come.
- There is no charge to visit the farm unless we are hostong a special event and we warmly welcome well behaved children and dogs.
- We provide cutting tools for the u-pick lavender when it is in bloom.
- We have plenty of parking and you are welcome to stay as long as you like.
- There are lots of products available for purchase in our store, even when the lavender is not in full bloom.
- Professional photographers and artists are welcome to come and stage their shoots or set up their easels with or without props, but please do contact us to arrange a separate time when you can have full and unencumbered access to the lavender field.
- We have a well-stocked gift shop with cold drinks and ice creams available for sale and you are welcome to bring your own picnic if you would just like to sit and enjoy the view.
- We have a rest room on site.
- If you would like to come and sell your own items or perform at the farm please feel free to give us a ring or stop by and have a chat.
- Please remember that we are a working farm. There is often machinery in use and despite our best efforts there are tripping hazards all over the farm! Please exercise caution when walking around and be sure to wear appropriate fooywear for traipsing around uneven fields. Please do not allow your children to wander unattended as there are many risks to their safety including ponds and bees!