Return to Recipes Lavender Recipes
Sue's Lavender Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Really simple but tasty appetiser using Mama Terra's Mediterranean Lavender Goat Cheese on toasted bread - yum!
- 1 good quality country loaf or baguette
- 1 tsp finely chopped garlic
- ¼ cup good quality olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 5oz Mama Terra's Mediterranean Lavender Goat cheese
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Fresh lavender and rosemary and a few drops of balsamic vinegar to decorate if you wish
Time To Cook10 Minutes
- 1.Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F
- 2.Gently heat the olive oil in a small pan and add the garlic, stirring, so that it infuses for about a minute. Slice the bread into ¾ inch slices and liberally brush one side with the oil / garlic. Place oil side up on a baking sheet.
- 3.Bake in the center of the oven for about 8 - 10 minutes until lightly golden brown then remove and cool on a wire rack. You can store the cooled slices in an airtight container for a few days.
- 4.When ready to serve, mix the soft goat’s cheese with freshly ground sea salt and black pepper and spread on the sliced bread and serve.
- 5.If the goat’s cheese is a little dry try adding a few drops of olive oil before spreading. You could also serve the bread warm from the oven.
- Finally....Decorate with a scattering of fresh herbs and a few drops of balsamic vinegar