Kim's Lavender Chicken Drumsticks
This recipe makes the chicken succulent and delicious. You can speed up the marinating time but it makes all the difference to leave the chicken to soak up all the flavors overnight or even for two nights in the refrigerator. This is good served with a green salad or corn.
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- 1 large lemon
- 2 tablespoons fresh lavender flowers
- 3 sage leaves
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 3 tablespoons rosemary, rough chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pinch red pepper flakes
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup of water
Time To Cook1 hour 5 minutes + time to marinate
- 1.Add marinade ingredients to a blender and blend until pulverized.
- 2.Split chicken drumsticks between 2 gallon size zip lock bags.
- 3.Pour marinade into each bag.
- 4.Rub outside of each bag to cover all of the drumsticks with the marinade.
- 5.Refrigerate and marinate overnight
- 6.Remove chicken pieces and place on baking sheet and bake 375 degrees x 30 minutes. Turn and bake another 30 minutes or until cooked through (at least 165 degrees F).
- Finally....Turn on the broiler and broil 2 minutes on each side.